Your home’s exterior makes a big first impression. Before you put your home on the market, look at it critically and make a checklist of all the repairs and cleaning that needs to be done. It might not seem like a big deal, but positive first impressions can create immediate sales.
Go outside and look at your home from the street. See the home the same way the buyer will for the first time.
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Mow your lawn
- Trim brushes and shrubs
- Clean out flower beds and plant seasonal floors to enhance the beauty of your yard
- Edge the grass around walkways and trees
- Put a pot of bright flowers on your porch
- Repair, replace or paint any damaged plaster, wood siding, trim, rain gutters or shutters
- Repair and re-stain fences, decks and screen doors
- Clean your windows and window screens
- Repair any cracks in the driveway
- Install new doorknobs on your front door
- Power wash the exterior walls
- Upgrade your outside lighting
- Repair or re-stain lawn furniture
- Keep your garden tools and hoses out of sight
- Clear toys from the lawn
- Buy a new doormat for the outside of your front door
The exterior of your home is where the buyer’s first impression is made, so take the time to step into a potential buyer’s shoes and look for things that need to be improved. It’ll pay off later!
For information about buying and selling a home in Moore County, call a member of The Home Team NC at 910-684-3339 or email us at [email protected]. For daily tips and helpful real estate information, Like and Follow us on Facebook: The Home Team NC.